Freelance Graphic Designer
2008 to present
- Develop logos and website designs for small business clients of Fishtank Design
- Design identity systems for non-profits and independent businesses (Ruby's Rainbow,
Brainy Bee Media, The Dudley's Wine Bar & Tap Room).
- Create illustrations, signs and other marketing materials for community non-profits
(Austin History Center Association and The Waller Creek Conservancy).
- Design stationery and invitations for individual clients.
News Assignment Editor
FOX 7 News (myfoxaustin.com)
2002 to present
- Design and create graphics for television newscasts using Chyron’s AXIS Graphics.
- Work closely with News Director and Assistant News Director about local news coverage.
- Manage and assign crews to stories and breaking news using appropriate logistical and
- Research and set up daily and in depth series stories for reporters and producers.
- Teach other employees and interns about News Desk and how to use iNews computer program.
- Monitor police, fire and ambulance scanners for newsworthy events.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of issues and events in Austin and Central Texas.
- Serve as a liaison with FOX News and other outside news agencies.
News Assignment Editor
2001 to 2002
- Planned and organized daily and future assignments.
- Assigned news crews to events and breaking news.
- Participated in and contributed to editorial meetings.
- Worked with producers to coordinate news coverage.
- Set up weekly feature called “Hometown Hero”.
2000 to 2001
- Assisted News Assignment Manager on News Desk.
- Helped answer viewer and staff phone calls.
- Entered press releases into computer daybook.
- Maintained database of news sources and contacts.
Associate of Applied Science
Graphic Design Specialization
Austin Community College
Spring 2011 (Scholastic Excellence)
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
Double Minor in English and Speech
University of Northern Colorado
Serif Web Plus
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Digital Publishing Platform
Chyron's AXIS Graphics
Social Media Platforms
- Excellent multitasker.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- Proficient at time management.
- Accustomed to a busy work environment and multiple deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- High standard of excellence.
- Trained artist and illustrator.
- Highly skilled with traditional art media.
AIGA - American Institute of Graphic Arts